Phillip Carter is a comedian who writes dark existentialist science fiction. He lives and works close to where I grew up in the North of England.
When he asked me to be a guest on his talk show, I thought we might have a few things in common.
We had an entertaining and thoughtful conversation which included:
- Which of us had worn Bowie ‘lightning bolt’ make-up
- Where the idea for Rockstar Ending came from
- The research I did while the story was taking shape
- Using humour sensitively around serious subjects
- How the TV adaptation of the books is progressing, and
- A wildcard question which totally floored me….
I should have guessed that an existentialist comedian would come up with an oblique angle.
You can hear our 25-minute interview for free here on lots of different podcast platforms.
And dofor more nuggets of off-the-wall scifi inspired material.